CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday 29 July 2010

-ism

Curiousism:
I once said to a friend, maybe about 5 years ago, when he got a broken arm from a rugby game; "How interesting your life can be?" Guess thats not a very suitable phrase for someone who is waiting to get his arm cemented but he agreed. I myself never had any broken bones, i was a very careful person because my parents always remind me not to join any dangerous sports for good reasons obviously. But i always imagine im a scriptwritter of my own life, a plot must have up and down sides to make it more interesting. I grab every chances to expose myself to dangerous activities or plans, like travelling alone, changing life plans by means of outside comfort zones and so on. Now, i had more than enough of ups and downs, sometimes the downs are bit too many than ups, making me a bit depressed sometimes. Well, every act has its own consequences. So take it or leave it. Oh, the friend of mine said to me; "Now yours is much more interesting".

Emotivism:
Im really glad to have the chance to travel half way around the world because now i realised i was totally an emotivist, acts based on feelings. It needs a very long explanation, if not i may misinterpret the real meaning of the word. For examples, if we tell someone that a course of action is wrong, we are not describing properties of that action but rather merely expressing our feelings, our attitudes toward the action in atttempting to arouse similar feelings or attitudes in the listeners. This happens a lot in Malay cultures. The elders always say it is wrong to do this and that, but never really explain why. No offence, but just as an example, correct me if i got it wrong. In opposite, a few outsider's cultures are being more frank in saying something is wrong with very clear explanation. Complex isn't it? Similarly, from what i've read, accountants and economists cannot work in the same room. Accountants are being more careful in spending money while economists want to invest as much as they can to ensure positive economic growth. In simpler term, everyone is different.

Positivism:
When i am on my downsides, i always try to reach the upside as hard as i could. It may be working 24/7 in the same room, i dont really care as long as i can climb the stairs again. But sometimes being a positivist has its own cons. Let me tell you this, there are a numbers of things in this world that cannot be change, accept that. For instance, i got robbed last year, i am still in hope of my stuff will come back to me, with the thoughts of those robbers will be better persons. Obviously, thats just a ridiculousness. My friend's house got broken into last week and i lost my laptop, and i think maybe the burglar needs it more than me. Thats a little....too kind of thought. No, im not saying be a positivist is wrong at any angle. It helps me to feel better everytime bad things happen to me.

Conclusion(-ism):
Believe me, after 20 years, i have more ambitions than i did when i was in primary school, when my classroom teacher asked me to fill the 3 columns, what i want to be when i grow up. One of the columns i wrote "Prime minister". Gosh, i still dont know why did i write that one down. But Dr. Mahathir was an educator, wasnt he? See, im playing with your mind. You might say, "Oh, he is such an ambitious person" or " Thats just a joke, this kind of person will never be one". Some individuals like to make a conclusion from what they read, what they saw, maybe with no further investigation. I admit i am one of those, well maybe sometimes. Im still looking for that rigid point, where sustainability can be achieved; if it does exist. You found it? Let me know.

3 comments:

Siti Syazwan said...

ism.

i thnk when its come to me lah bnda tok,wht suits me more or the best

sengalism...haish...

huhu:)

Najib said...

mun kinek tgh cuti la, tidoism, haha

Siti Syazwan said...

haha:)